Security is definitely our top priority. Hence, we walk extra miles to optimize our products not only on speed and reliability but most importantly on security. Most of the security measures that are present in the programming code of the products stay invisible to the users. One of the security measures that are visible in the user’s browser is the SSL-certificate.
Though it is optional to place an SSL-certificate on a website, browsers and search engines use more security certificates and that makes online security more important. Therefore, we recommend any business to include an SSL-certificate on their website.
How do you know if your website has an SSL-certificate?
If the address bar has a lock icon, it means your website has an SSL-certificate. Also, your website address should start with “https://”. The word “Secure” will be displayed in the address bar of some browsers.
Why do you need an SSL-certificate?
SSL-certificates helps in protecting the sensitive information of your visitors. With SSL-certificate, information that contains data forms will be sent through a secured encrypted connection. Some browsers even warn the visitors, when the website is not secured with an SSL-certificate. Below are some of the benefits of having an SSL-certificate:
- Data stays secured between the servers
- Increases the rankings of your search engines
- Enhances the trust of your customers
- Improves the conversion rates
Types of SSL-certificates
Depending on the size of your business, there are two types of SSL-certificates:
- A regular certificate that does not contain the company name (recommended)
- An extended certificate that includes the company name
Why is regular certificate recommended?
The regular certificate is recommended for the following reasons:
- For extended certificates, the application itself may take some days and it also needs
- Company data
- Application data
- Verification of domain name holder.
- The application process for a regular certificate is minimal and still provides your visitors with the best SSL-certificate.